The 37th Annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards:
The Black Business and Professional Association (BBPA) has opened up the nominations for the 37th Annual Harry Jerome Awards presented by the BBPA and TD Bank. The BBPA celebrates 37 years of recognizing excellence within the African-Canadian community on April 27, 2019.
The BBPA Harry Jerome Awards is recognized as the most prestigious national awards gala in the African-Canadian community and a coveted symbol of achievement. 2019 winners will receive awards in the following categories:
- Arts, Entertainment, and Media
- Community Service
- Health Sciences
- Lifetime Achievement
- Young Entrepreneur
The BBPA was proud to honour and celebrate the following award winners for 2018:
- Kien Crosse – Academics (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Luke Welch – Arts (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Rowan Barrett Jr – Athletics (Sponsor – Jeromes/BBPA)
- Lamont Wiltshire and Odeen Eccelston – Business (Sponsor – Bell)
- Keith Merrith – Community Service (Sponsor – RBC Royal Bank)
- Mike Yorke – Diversity (Sponsor – Ontario Government)
- Jully Black – Entertainment (Sponsor – G98.7FM)
- Floydeen Charles-Fridal – Health Sciences (Sponsor – Afro Global)
- Caroline Marful – Leadership (Sponsor – Benjamin Law)
- Pamela Appelt – Lifetime Achievement (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Matt Galloway – Media (Sponsor – BrandEq)
- Pauline Christian – President (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Dr. Yabome Gilpin-Jackon – Professional Excellence (Sponsor – Nursing Homemakers Inc )
- Jennie Gumbs – Public Advocacy (Sponsor – Guy Steer)
- Dr. Kwame Mackenzie – Trailblazer (Sponsor – TD Bank)
- Nadia Hamilton – Young Entrepreneur (Sponsor – Carpenters Union)
Entertainment for 2018 event was Juno Award Winner and Canada’s Queen of R&B/Soul, Jully Black and William Leathers.
The 37th Annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards will be held on Saturday, April 27, 2019 at the International Centre, 6900 Airport Rd, Mississauga.
Early Bird Tickets for the 37th BBPA Harry Jerome Awards are available on EventBrite beginning Nov. 10th or visit the Centre of Excellence, located at 180 Elm Street, Toronto, between the hours of 10-4pm Monday to Friday.
About the Black Business and Professional Association (BBPA):
Founded in 1983, the BBPA is a charitable organization whose mission is to advance Canada’s Black community by facilitating the delivery of programs that support business and professional excellence, higher education and economic development. The BBPA presents the Annual Harry Jerome Awards, the BBPA National Scholarships and the National Black Business and Professional Convention (NBBPC).
For more information, please visit us online at www.bbpa.org, call 416-504-4097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.