The Black Business and Professional Association Announces the 2016 BBPA Harry Jerome Award Recipients
The 34th Annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards: “Generation of Greatness!
March 22, 2016
The Black Business and Professional Association (BBPA) announced the fifteen recipients of the 34th Annual Harry Jerome Awards presented by the BBPA and RBC Royal Bank. The BBPA celebrates 34 years of recognizing excellence within the African-Canadian community on April 23rd, 2016.
The BBPA Harry Jerome Awards is recognized as the most prestigious national awards gala in the African-Canadian community and a coveted symbol of achievement. This years winners receive awards in the following categories: Academics, Arts, Athletics, Business, Community Service, Diversity, Entertainment, Health Sciences, Leadership, Lifetime Achievement, Media, President’s, Professional Excellence, Trailblazer and Young Entrepreneur.
“The 34th Annual Harry Jerome Awards will take on a spectacular twist this year as we celebrate the greatness that lies across our nation” said Pauline Christian. “Our mantra ‘Generation of Greatness’ speaks volumes as we reflect on the contributions and impact that our world-class honourees have made on the building of the Canadian Mosaic. The BBPA alongside our Presenting Sponsor, RBC Royal Bank, our distinguished leaders, the honourable public are extremely proud to present this year’s extraordinary recipients” Christian emphasized.
The BBPA was proud to honour and celebrate the following award winners:
- Happy Inibhunu – Academics (Sponsor – Jamaica National)
- Robert Small – Arts (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Jamal Murray – Athletics (Sponsor – Jeromes/BBPA)
- Nadine Spencer – Business (Sponsor – Bell)
- Francis Atta – Community Service (Sponsor – RBC Royal Bank)
- Dr. Wendy Cukier – Diversity (Sponsor – Ontario Government)
- David Woods – Entertainment (Sponsor – G98.7FM)
- Simone Atungo – Health Sciences (Sponsor – Sterling Dental)
- Janelle Hinds – Leadership (Sponsor – Scotiabank)
- Judge Juanita Westmoreland-Traore – Lifetime Achievement (Sponsor – TD)
- Patricia Jaggernauth – Media (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Dr. David Bell – President (Sponsor – BMO)
- Orin Isaacs – Professional Excellence (Sponsor – Nursing Homemakers Inc )
- Chief Mark Saunders – Trailblazer (Sponsor – BBPA)
- Samantha Clarke – Young Entrepreneur (Sponsor – Planet Africa)
Entertainment for this year’s event includes Juno Award Winner, vocalist Simone Denny and Canada’s Queen of R&B/Soul, Jully Black.
The 34th Annual BBPA Harry Jerome Awards will be held on Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre, South Building, 222 Bremner Blvd., Toronto.
Tickets for the Harry Jerome Awards are $200. To place an order, please call 416-504-4097, order online at http://bbpa.org/shopbbpa/shop/ or visit the Centre of Excellence, located at 180 Elm Street, Toronto, between the hours of 10-4pm Monday to Friday.
About the Black Business and Professional Association (BBPA):
Founded in 1983, the BBPA is a charitable organization whose mission is to advance Canada’s Black community by facilitating the delivery of programs that support business and professional excellence, higher education and economic development. The BBPA presents the Annual Harry Jerome Awards, the BBPA National Scholarships and the National Black Business and Professional Convention (NBBPC).
For more information, please visit us online at www.bbpa.org, call 416-504-4097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Contact: Roger Dundas, Creative Director | 404 Media Group | email@example.com | 416.918.9045